Patient Attraction Episode 327
Welcome back everyone. I hope you enjoyed the last few weeks where we looked at the highlights of my book. Every now and then I come across something that validates what I’ve been telling you, and I like to share that with you. Come back and I’ll tell you about an infographic that does just that.
– Colin Receveur here on this fine first Saturday of February.
– Today I want to tell you about an infographic I recently saw online.
– It was really creative and informative.
– It is called “The Amazingly Simple Anatomy of a Meaningful Marketing Story.”
– The best part: it confirms what I have already been telling my clients – and you.
– Step 1 is “You need a hero.”
– “A marketing story is about your customer. She is the hero who transforms as her journey unfolds. She goes from ordinary to extraordinary.”
– This is your prospect, the person you want to ultimately become your patient.
– This is the person who will stay, pay and refer.
– Step 2 is “You need a goal.”
– “A good business solves a customer’s problems. In other words, it transforms a customer. Therefore, your story must know where your customer is today and where she wants to go.”
– This is exactly as I tell dentists: your marketing isn’t about you.
– It’s about your patients.
– Too many dentists want to talk about what they can do, and provide content as if they are marketing to other dentists.
– Step 3 is “You need a conflict.”
– “Conflict makes a story interesting. And conflict makes a business necessary. The conflict is the obstacle that stands between your hero and the better version of himself.”
– This almost sounds as if it was written for dentists.
– This is what I talk about pain points.
– “I am embarrassed to smile.”
– “I can’t eat my favorite foods.”
– “I’m afraid my denture will fly out when I laugh.”
– This is what answers the question, “Why do my dental patients need me?”
– Step 4 is “You need a mentor.”
– “Luke Skywalker had Obi-Wan Kenobi. Bilbo had Gandalf. And your hero has you. Your business is the wise mentor who provides liberating knowledge and resources.”
– This is where I talk about you serving as the expert to solve your patients problems.
– THIS is why they need you!
– You are the expert: the skillful practitioner who can restore their pride and self-esteem.
– Finally, step 5 is “You need a moral.”
– “You must tell the reader what she must do next. Be clear. Be direct.”
– This is your call to action.
– Your hero is embarrassed by her missing teeth, and you are an expert at providing dental implants.
– That hero needs to call you for a consultation and have her once-beautiful smile – and her willingness to smile in public – restored.
– It sure sounds simple doesn’t it?
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.