Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1096
Dentists as a group are proud of their accomplishments and skills. They should be – completing 4 years of dental school, passing the licensure exams, and getting additional specialized training are things to take pride in. There’s just one problem: your prospects don’t care. Dentists who promote themselves on their websites and in other marketing run the risk of sending those prospects straight to a competitor’s website. After the break, I’ll tell you what your true strengths are and how to promote those to attract more patients. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Take a look at most dentists’ websites, and you’ll see pretty much the same thing.
– Those sites are all about how educated, accomplished, and wonderful the doctor is.
– They’re all about what the dentist and the practice does, and how well they do it.
– All those dentists basically look the same to prospects, because dentists are assumed to be competent.
– There’s no reason for a prospect to choose one over another, except for price, availability, and insurance.
– What those sites aren’t about is what prospects are actually looking for.
– Prospects are looking for solutions to their dental problems.
– They want to know that the dentist will help them smile without embarrassment, eat comfortably again, or be free from pain.
– And prospects want to know that their fears and concerns will be understood, and that they’ll be taken care of while they’re in the chair, and afterward.
– It’s all well and good to list what you do on your website, but to actually make it work to get more new patients, you have to go a step further.
– You have to connect the services you offer with the results your prospects are looking for.
– You have to show how you’ll address and help ease your potential patients’ fears and concerns.
– For the patient, dentistry isn’t about the dentist; it’s about the patient’s life.
– When you show your prospects how what you do will improve their lives, you set yourself apart from the great mass of dentists.
– When you offer a superior patient experience and have the testimonials to back up that claim, you differentiate yourself from your competition.
– And when your happy patients talk about what you did for them and how it improved their lives, you have social proof.
– That social proof will convince many more prospects to pick up the phone and call for an appointment.
– You might not agree with the idea that you have to connect the dots for your prospects, but let me ask you this.
– What’s on your website?
– And how are your new patient numbers?
– If you’re not seeing the kind of new patient numbers that you think you should, look to your marketing.
– And since your website is, or should be, the linchpin of your marketing, look to that first.
– Your website is the final stop for many, many prospects before they contact your practice.
– It’s one of the make-or-break points for your marketing.
– If you get a prospect to your site but they don’t pick up the phone, you’ve potentially wasted your hard-earned marketing dollars.
– On the other hand, a website that speaks to patients’ hopes, fears, and needs can be a goldmine.
– Dr. Matthew Burton of Clearwater, Florida, knows that.
– He told us, “Our new patients are up markedly from when our website went live.
– “I can track back and see an extra 10, 15, 20 more new patients a month than we were getting prior to SmartBox.
– “I know, unequivocally, that that website is attracting people and generating phone calls.”
– Are you serious about getting the number and quality of new patients that you need and want to grow your practice?
– Then go to www.PatientAttractionBlueprint.com and schedule a Practice Discovery Session call.
– We reserve these calls for serious dentists who want to see a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple your practice.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.