Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1149
If you’re like most dentists, your advertising doesn’t keep your new patient numbers on anything like an even keel. You have good months, bad months, and indifferent months, and you never really know what kind of return you’re going to get for your marketing investment. In fact, you might have had to seriously ramp up your advertising when your boat springs a leak and you have a disastrous month. After the break, I’ll tell you how to stop bailing out your leaky new patient stream and put your practice on the path to smooth sailing.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– There are an awful lot of dentists out there who are living month-to-month.
– Not from a paying the bills standpoint, but based on how many new patients they get.
– Their dental practice “boat” gets tossed up and down depending on how strong the new patient stream is.
– A run of bad months can put tremendous strain on your business.
– It’s a lousy, if traditional, way to run a dental practice.
– For one thing, it’s almost all price-driven, which puts you in a race to the bottom.
– Even if you get more patients, your margins are thinner and you’ll earn less.
– It takes really deep pockets to be the low-price leader in dentistry for any length of time.
– And if you have corporate dentistry in your market, forget it.
– You’ll go broke with that approach.
– The chains have deeper pockets and economies of scale that allow them to offer ridiculously low prices.
– And yet, dentists keep taking a monthly or quarterly price-driven advertising approach because it’s what they see their competitors doing.
– This approach is seriously out-of-date because the world, and marketing, have moved on since it was invented.
– Dr. James Kiehl of New Hampshire knows all about price advertising.
– He said,“Some of the advertising I’ve done in the past was more offer-driven, free exam, X-ray kinds of things.
– “When you bring patients in that way, you’re chasing them with the next offer or they’re chasing you for the next offer, all the way down the line.”
– When you think about it, it’s not surprising that dental practice boats tend to spring a leak, over and over again.
– There’s a proven way for you to stop bailing out your boat and get your new patient stream and your practice on an even keel.
– And that’s SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– Dr. Dick Davenport of Laredo, Texas, is a believer.
– He said, “Before we went live with SmartBox, we had 1 practice location.
– “And at that time, we were getting about 20 new patient opportunities a month.
– “Now, 11 months later, we have 2 practice locations and we’re averaging about 70 to 75 new patient opportunities a month.
– “It’s been a big increase for us, and it’s all due to the targeted marketing that SmartBox has done for us.”
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– We’ll show you how SmartBox provides a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Forget about roller-coaster advertising that leaves you bailing frantically to keep your practice afloat.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.