Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 858
With competition among dentists increasing, you’ll have to continually fight for your share of new patients – UNLESS you decide that you don’t want to share. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how to dominate your market and get all the new dental patients you can handle. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for joining me for this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– If you’ve followed these podcasts for any length of time, you know that corporate dentistry is coming for your patients.
– So are large dental practices, AND the smaller practices in your market.
– Everybody’s competing for the same limited pool of patients.
– Whatever your market share is, somebody else wants it.
– And unless you do something differently, your competitors will chip away at your share.
– If you’re in a large metro area, dominating your market isn’t likely to happen.
– But if you’re not in or near a big city, domination should be on your agenda.
– You might think that dominating a market depends on the size of your marketing budget.
– That’s certainly a consideration, but it’s not the most important thing, because domination isn’t what you might think.
– You’d have to have, and expend, immense resources to capture a 70 percent share of all the patients in your market.
– But you don’t practice every type of dentistry, and there are one or more niches you’d like to pursue.
– But even in those niches, there are a lot of patients you don’t want, like the price shoppers and the one-and-dones.
– You’ll dominate your market by using your marketing to position yourself as the only logical choice for the dental patients you want to attract.
– That requires some soul-searching: Who are your ideal patients?
– Your answer could involve the type of case, the average case billing, or repeat business.
– Or you can define your ideal patients as the ones who stay, pay, and refer.
– Take the lion’s share of those and you’ll achieve market domination.
– Your competitors can fight it out over the rest.
– And you can relax, get back to doing what you love, and laugh all the way to the bank.
– Dr. Raleigh Pioch in Salem, Oregon, wants to dominate his market, and that’s why he chose SmartBox Web Marketing.
“I’m looking for web domination; that’s why I picked the Elite Package.
– “I want the dominant web presence so that my competition isn’t even an afterthought. – “It’s Dental West Associates – that’s what people, when they’re looking for a dentist in Salem, when they’re doing their keyword searches – I want to be the one that comes up, that’s what I’m looking for.”
– For more information on attracting the patients YOU want, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.