Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1208
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Dentists don’t think much about their brand.
– Your brand is more than just the name of your practice, a tagline, and your logo.
– A brand is snapshot that conveys the essence of what you are and what you offer.
– It takes time, attention, and a lot of thought to create a successful brand.
– And you have to be able to back up what your brand represents.
– In the last 10 years or so, consumers have begun to indicate a preference for doing business with brands they respect.
– One of the factors that commands respect these days is when companies give back to the public good.
– A number of dental practices take part in annual events such as Mission of Mercy and Give Kids A Smile.
– If you’re not participating in socially responsible events, you should seriously consider taking part.
– Those events raise your profile in the community and increase your name awareness.
– They also lend value to your brand.
– Your office can participate in nondental charitable events such as fun runs and health fairs.
– A majority of millennials strongly prefer doing business with socially responsible companies.
– Beyond brand and name recognition, you can leverage socially responsible community events to improve your search engine results page ranking.
– If your local paper or TV station mentions your practice’s name and provides a link to your website, that’s good for your SEO.
– That’s known as earned media, and it increases your authority, in Google terms.
– You can also do your own “coverage” on your social media, touting your practice’s involvement and charitable giving.
– Keep the buzz going, encourage sharing, and follow up with additional posts.
– This may sound like a lot of work, but remember that the millennials who become your patients next week can remain your patients for decades.
– From a sheer profit standpoint, giving back is good business.
– You can get more patients – and arguably better patients.
– A patient you keep long-term is one you don’t have to spend marketing dollars to replace.
– Beyond revenue aspects, being engaged in the community can help you retain staff.
– You may find that the millennials and Gen Xers you employ enjoy giving back.
– Keeping your staff’s engagement level high is one of the keys to keeping good people.
– Giving back is something you can do to differentiate yourself from the competition and increase brand awareness.
– But you can’t do charitable events constantly.
– There’s a better way to differentiate yourself, and that’s with SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™.
– SmartBox works with more than 550 dentists on 3 continents to help them get more and better patients.
– We provide a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Dr. Jonathan Gilbart of Hagerstown, Maryland, found that his time was much better spent doing the dentistry than doing the marketing.
– He said, “I wanted to find a company that could do everything, as far as marketing, for me …
– “… and put it all together without me having to spend a ton of time learning what search engine optimization was or Google AdWords.
– “I’ve been very happy with SmartBox and their ability to take all the stuff, put it together, and handle that aspect so I can focus on my patients.”
– Find out what SmartBox’s Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– Invest 25 minutes of your time to discover how you can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– After the session, we’ll send your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– Making your practice socially responsible is something you and your staff can handle.
– SmartBox will handle getting you a steady stream of more and better new patients.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.