Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 172
There’s a good likelihood that as you read this, you are sitting in one of your slowest times of the year. I’m going to give you some suggestions on how to bring in more patients in your slowest months when we return.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and most dentists find that July, September and December are their slowest months.
– How much would it add to your business if you could just make those three months average?
– Here is what I would suggest to you, and I’m going to give it to you in the language of our series that we just completed about the marketing lifecycle.
– Find your local school calendar, and about a month before school ends, start attracting interest as hard as possible. Send out mailers, buy ads, whatever you can do.
– You want to promote the angle that moms can get their kids dental appointments after school ends. That means no missed classes, no missed assignments.
– A certain percentage of those kids will need ortho work. So you can get those cases going in July and have them ready to start in September.
– That’s a double win.
– If you don’t do a lot of kids’ dentistry, this is a way to expand your patient base.
– And if you do a good job and show the kids lots of love, there’s a good chance you end up with mom and dad as patients too.
– As for December, the angle to push here is insurance benefits and FSA money to spend.
– Try it with a good “use it or lose it” campaign that starts right after Halloween – when Mom’s mind is on how much candy her kids got trick-or-treating.
– Just make sure to end it a week or so before Thanksgiving because any money spent after that is going to be wasted.
– For those of you who DON’T get slow in these months, let us know what you are doing.
– If you got this podcast via email, respond to me and I’ll do an update podcast down the road.
– Otherwise, leave comments on the YouTube version of the podcast.
– We’ll end the week tomorrow talking about how our industry-leading patient attraction system can help you stop dabbling and start dominating your market.
– Until then, keep moving forward.