Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 197
Happy Thursday, August 21, everyone. I’m Colin Receveur and I am happy to report that I survived my birthday yesterday and have lots to be thankful for, not the least of which are some very nice gifts. When we come back, I’m going to tell you how receiving gifts is much like getting new patients. Stay tuned.
– How much better is it to get a surprise gift than to get something you asked for?
– After all, you got something you wanted in either case, right.
– But getting an unexpected gift that you love shows that someone put some thought into your gift.
– They know you.
– They noticed something you said or did that made them think the gift was perfect for you.
– They did the work and you reaped the benefit.
– They GAVE you a gift.
– On the other hand, it is certainly nice to get something you asked for.
– But you really did the work of thinking of the gift.
– The giver, though generous, reallyjust followed through on fulfilling your request.
– They may have had to pick a brand, color and type.
– But they didn’t come up with the idea.
– They GOT you a gift.
– Bringing in more patients is a lot like that.
– On Tuesday’s podcast, I mentioned that dentists drive patients away by offering discounts and free services.
– That is an example of “getting patients.”
– You convinced them to come in by giving up something of your own.
– You bribed them, in a manner of speaking.
– So they have no loyalty to you.
– No trust.
– They’re just there for the freebies.
– But when patients comes to you of their own volition, because they’ve met you or researched you or heard about you, that’s an entirely different matter.
– They’ve chosen you out of every other dentist they could have seen.
– They trust you.
– They respect you.
– That’s the difference between “getting” patients and “attracting” patients.
– A dentist who positions himself to “get” patients always has to find an incentive for prospects.
– He will churn through his rolls and always be chasing more, more, more.
– A dentist who positions himself to “attract” patients has prospects who will do whatever it takes to have him as their dentist.
– Do do you want to chase patients so you can be their dentist?
– Or do you want patients to chase you so you can be their dentist?
– If you want to know how get the best patientattractionsystem in industry, you should schedule a PatientAttractionBlueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.