Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 750
According to recently released data, 40 percent of U.S. millennials prefer pictures to reading. That’s right – 4 out of 10 younger folks can’t be bothered to read a couple of sentences. Marketing your dental practice to this younger generation may require a mindset shift on your part. I’ll tell you more after the break.
– I’m Colin Receveur. Welcome to the podcast.
– You know what emojis are, even if you haven’t used them.
– Emojis are those cute, tragic, outraged, or just goofy cartoon faces that pop up in emails, texts, and social media posts.
– And there are object emojis like beer, flags, and skulls, to name a few.
– Did you know that there are a ton of dental emojis?
– Just run a Google image search.
– So, should you use emojis when marketing to the millennial generation?
– The answer is, it depends.
– It depends on your brand, your public persona, and your previous marketing efforts.
– If your brand suggests stability, experience, and age, then probably not.
– That also applies to your online persona.
– People are quick to pick up when your marketing is out of character.
– If you create something amazing, like a picture using emojis as design elements, you can probably get away with it.
– But don’t splash emojis around your usual marketing efforts like emails, social media posts, and print materials.
– It will just seem like you’re trying too hard, and that turns people off.
– Particularly if you use them wrong.
– If you’re a millennial yourself, or close to it, then you can use emojis sparingly for maximum effect.
– It may help you score with this market segment.
– But be deliberate and considerate in what, how, where, and when you use emojis.
– You can try A/B testing your messaging to millennials.
– Send one email with emojis and one without.
– See which one results in a higher click-through rate.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
– Are you ready to fast-track your success? Are you ready for more patients, more profits, and more freedom? If so, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/application or just smartboxdentalmarketing.com and click the green button on the right that says “Get Your Marketing Analysis.”