Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 750
According to recently released data, 40 percent of U.S. millennials prefer pictures to reading. That’s right – 4 out of 10 younger folks can’t be bothered to read a couple of sentences. Marketing your dental practice to this younger generation may require a mindset shift on your part. I’ll tell you more after the break.
– I’m Colin Receveur. Welcome to the podcast.
– You know what emojis are, even if you haven’t used them.
– Emojis are those cute, tragic, outraged, or just goofy cartoon faces that pop up in emails, texts, and social media posts.
– And there are object emojis like beer, flags, and skulls, to name a few.
– Did you know that there are a ton of dental emojis?
– Just run a Google image search.
– So, should you use emojis when marketing to the millennial generation?
– The answer is, it depends.
– It depends on your brand, your public persona, and your previous marketing efforts.
– If your brand suggests stability, experience, and age, then probably not.
– That also applies to your online persona.
– People are quick to pick up when your marketing is out of character.
– If you create something amazing, like a picture using emojis as design elements, you can probably get away with it.
– But don’t splash emojis around your usual marketing efforts like emails, social media posts, and print materials.
– It will just seem like you’re trying too hard, and that turns people off.
– Particularly if you use them wrong.
– If you’re a millennial yourself, or close to it, then you can use emojis sparingly for maximum effect.
– It may help you score with this market segment.
– But be deliberate and considerate in what, how, where, and when you use emojis.
– You can try A/B testing your messaging to millennials.
– Send one email with emojis and one without.
– See which one results in a higher click-through rate.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.
– Are you ready to fast-track your success? Are you ready for more patients, more profits, and more freedom? If so, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/application or just smartboxdentalmarketing.com and click the green button on the right that says “Get Your Marketing Analysis.”