Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 780
Human beings are social by nature. In this new Internet age, sharing via social media is becoming more and more common. And sharing is free marketing for dentists. Dr. Neil Patel, a dentist near Columbus, Ohio, agrees that social media is important for dentists. “One of the things that attracted me to Colin,” he said, “is that he has a good eye on all of the different mediums through which you can market, whether it’s online presence, whether it’s social media. He’s one of the first people I’ve recognized that actually understands how they actually work together.” I’ll tell you how to get more shares, and more free marketing, from your dental patients. See you after this short break.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, Founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Word-of-mouth advertising by itself won’t get you enough dental patients.
– But it’s still incredibly valuable and it costs basically nothing.
– Sharing via social media is electronic word-of-mouth advertising.
– You should be encouraging your patients and social media followers to share your content.
– Here are some ideas to help you do that without seeming pushy.
– Every online contact with a patient or follower is a chance to encourage sharing.
– People will ask you questions or express concerns.
– In your answer, encourage the asker to share your response with others with the same concern.
– Depending on your state, you can also add a coupon, free consult offer, or informational white paper if that’s appropriate.
– For added marketing impact, include a link to your website to claim the offer.
– That can get you prospective patients’ email addresses for marketing follow-up.
– Make sure you thank the online asker and stress how much you value him or her for following your page or tweets.
– That “attitude of gratitude” goes a long way to make you seem likable as well as an expert.
– In the office, make sure to ask whether new patients were referred by someone else.
– Follow up personal new patient referrals with a thank-you card.
– Add a small gift or incentive if you’re allowed to.
– The referrer may comment about your follow-up on social media.
– Be sure to post your referral policy in your office where patients can’t help but notice it.
– Smart dentists will use social media to encourage sharing to get free word of mouth and in-office referral follow-up to encourage more patient referrals.
– Follow these tips to help increase the number of new dental patients.
– You’ll pay basically nothing.
– I mentioned using your website earlier.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.