Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1220
I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– Let me reassure you that this isn’t a talk about search engine optimization.
– I could ramble on for hours about long-tail keywords, image optimization, page load times, and a host of other technical stuff.
– But you don’t need to know all that.
– Search engine optimization doesn’t make you any money.
– You make money by seeing patients and solving their dental problems.
– And SEO, as vital as it is, usually has a really big hole in it when it comes to actually getting you new patients.
– Let me explain.
– You might have hired an SEO specialist or company to optimize your website.
– If so, good for you.
– But what did they tell you would happen?
– The odds are that they talked about things like impressions, views, and click-through rates.
– Don’t get me wrong – those are good things, they’re just not enough.
– They’re just a means to an end, and that end has to be putting more new patient butts in your chairs.
– You absolutely need to be seen online, but after that, you have to convert that prospect into an appointed patient.
– Search engine optimization providers typically don’t handle that last step.
– Converting prospects to appointed patients isn’t part of their discipline.
– Don’t get Dr. Ryan Shepherd started on the subject of SEO.
– The Albuquerque, New Mexico, dentist told us, “I’ve done your traditional things.
– “You know – I did the full-page ad, and the phone book, and had a generic website built.
– “I’ve done a Valpak mailer for the first several years that I was in practice, and those things actually worked – then.
– “But that was 10 years ago, and then over a 2-year period, it totally dropped off so that I wasn’t even recouping my investment in it.
– “And I realized that a big change was taking place in how we need to market dental practices.
– “I signed a 1-year contract to work with a company who guaranteed Google reviews and great SEO.
– “It was a total waste – I mean, an absolute waste.
– “I didn’t see any return on my investment whatsoever.
– “In hindsight, I can see why that was the case.
– “And I knew that in order to make a significant stride and a significant change, it was going to have to be something that was a significant investment.”
– What Dr. Shepherd decided to do was partner with a company that does everything to attract and help appoint new patients.
– He became a SmartBox dentist.
– SmartBox is a full-service dental patient attraction firm.
– We provide a steady stream of more and better new patients so our doctors can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Dr. Shepherd knew that his approach needed to change.
– How about you?
– Are you tired of spending every month and not getting enough in return?
– Discover what our industry-leading Patient Attraction System® can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your no-cost, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– After the session, you’ll receive your free Patient Attraction Roadmap™ as well.
– We’ll show you how SmartBox provides a steady stream of new patients so you can focus on doing the dentistry.
– Dentists who don’t change, and who continue to take a piecemeal approach to attracting new patients, risk the futures of their practices.
– Don’t keep marketing the way you’ve always marketed.
– Go to school on Dr. Shepherd’s experience and check out what SmartBox offers.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.