Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 939
If a picture’s worth a thousand words – and sometimes it is – how much is a moving picture with real people and sound worth? In Hollywood, it’s measured in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. Dentists can’t go quite that epic in scale, but they can still take advantage of the marketing power of video. I’ll tell you more after the break.
– Thanks for watching this episode of the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Dentist videos, and dental patient testimonial videos, are some of the strongest proof you can give your dental prospects.
– It’s one thing to read about how skilled, caring, and considerate a dentist is.
– It’s quite another to watch someone talk about that dentist in their own words.
– Video gives your prospects the best possible look at the dentist they might choose to solve their problems.
– In other words, video is an awesome recruitment tool for new patients … if it’s done right.
– And that can be the problem.
– Some dentists do okay but not great on videos.
– Some don’t even get that far and produce videos that are painful to watch and even more painful to listen to.
– For instance, take the chairside video, which is never a good idea.
– Do plumbers get testimonials from people in their bathrooms?
– And there’s the “walk and talk” video, usually done outside, which is almost always a disaster.
– Very few people are comfortable talking on camera, let alone trying to walk at the same time.
– Other video “don’ts” include hallway consultations, using that cluttered corner of an operatory as a set, and having a crappy mike with horrible sound.
– Steer clear of those problems, and you can get into the “okay” range most of the time.
– But if you want videos that will sell you and your practice to your dental prospects, you need pros to shoot and edit those videos.
– Dr. Mike Fuesting in Danville, Illinois, really likes the video testimonials that SmartBox provided for him.
– “The quality of video that you guys have on the sites and stuff, I really like that.
– “I’ve tried to do some of our patient testimonials … and it’s not near the same quality that you have. I think that’s excellent.”
– So video can be your best friend and recruiting partner, it can be just okay, or it can be a disaster.
– Two of those 3 options are not what you want.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.