Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 246
Arnold Palmer is a legend in golf. He has seven majors, 62 PGA tour wins and is arguably the greatest golfer of all time. He certainly earned the nickname “The King.” But I’m going to tell you how a young upstart helped Palmer refine his game at the age of 72. Stay tuned.
– I heard this story about Arnold Palmer that was so unbelievable I had to find out if it was true.
– Sure enough, USA Today newspaper published this story back in 2002, and I want to share it with you today.
– Back in 2001, the then-72 year old Palmer was struggling with his game.
– What’s more, he had lost confidence and lost his love for the game.
– So one day he overhears a then-34 year old golf pro at the Tradition Golf Club in California telling a friend of Palmer’s what the legend was doing wrong in his swing.
– So an angry Palmer confronts Dough Mauch, who probably thought he was about to lose his job as golf director at the Traditions.
– “What did you say?” Palmer asked.
– But rather than cower, Mauch told Palmer about flaws he thought the King had developed in his swing.
– Within a day the two were working together.
– Instead of trying to get Palmer to use the swing he had used in his heyday, Mauch help the legendary golfer develop a new stance appropriate to his age and ability, and convinced him to go with different clubs.
– Palmer played another four years when he had been on the verge of giving up the game.
– Does this sound like you?
– Are you a dentist in a once-thriving practice who has lost his mojo?
– Are the rewards just not there anymore and, worse, and you not loving going into the office anymore.
– What you need is someone from the outside to give you a fresh perspective.
– You need an object person to come in and not look at the practice as how it used to be, but as it is currently.
– Someone who can help you retool your game, using what you have that still works while helping you add or change some things to capitalize on your current assets.
– You need a Doug Mauch.
– Or maybe a Colin Receveur.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until then, keep moving forward.