Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1140
Have you ever asked yourself, “Did I get into dentistry to work this hard?” It wouldn’t surprise me if you have. Way too many dentists are wearing out their necks, their backs, and their tempers by spending too much time doing low-value, unrewarding dentistry. There’s a much better way to operate your dental practice, and the way to get there is to embrace quality over quantity. After the break, I’ll tell you how to apply that approach to your practice marketing to get more of the cases you love to handle. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– In my previous podcast, I discussed why dentists are much better off hanging up their marketer’s hat and focusing on seeing patients.
– But I know that many dentists will keep right on wearing too many hats, handling too many aspects of their businesses, and working too hard.
– So for those who insist on doing their own practice marketing, I’d like to share a proven approach that will help you earn more while working less.
– The key is something called market segmentation.
– The basic idea is that your dental prospects aren’t all the same and won’t respond to a single marketing approach.
– Clearly, this applies to individual dental concerns, because few 20-somethings will care much about dentures or implants.
– Quite a few 60-somethings will care about prosthodontic work.
– But that’s not where the idea of segmentation stops.
– Dentists tend to segment their markets by ability to pay – without realizing it.
– Are you trying to get new patients by focusing on low price, insurance acceptance, and specials?
– Then you’ve targeted about 70 percent of your market, which sounds great.
– It sounds great until you realize you’re going to get price-shoppers, one-and-dones, and patients who want only the work that insurance will cover.
– Oh, your aching back, and neck.
– When your margins are thin, you’ll have to work a lot to make any money.
– But if you and your staff have the stamina, you can make a go of it.
– What would happen, though, if you focused your marketing on the other 30 percent of prospects?
– Those are prospects with the ability and willingness to pay more for the right dentist.
– Because of that ability and willingness, they’re not going to respond to low-price or insurance-driven marketing.
– They’re looking for something else in their dentist and hygienist.
– No matter their particular dental concerns, they’re looking for a dentist they like, relate to, and trust.
– If you think about it, it’s no different than someone staying with the same hairstylist or barber for many years, even if they have to pay more.
– It’s not because the haircuts are better but because they like that stylist or barber, and they enjoy the experience of visiting the shop.
– The lifetime value of those customers is huge.
– It’s pretty much the same with 30 percent of your prospects.
– They’re looking for comfort, relationship, and acceptable outcomes.
– Your marketing has to convey that they’ll find what they’re looking for with your practice.
– You can use the segmentation approach to appeal to specific types of dental patients who represent higher case values.
– In my March 13th podcast, I mentioned the success that Dr. Thomas J. Feder of Belleville, Illinois, is enjoying since he’s been working with SmartBox.
– Here’s something else he told us.
– He said, “Our average case value has increased.
– “People are coming in looking for dentures and implants.
– “The practice is now overwhelming our dental lab.”
– SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™ provides Dr. Feder with a steady stream of more and better patients.
– He gets to focus on doing the dentistry while working less and making more.
– What we’ve done for Dr. Feder’s practice, we can likely do for your practice.
– Are you interested in working less, earning more, and enjoying what you do?
– Then visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and click on the “Get Started” button to reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– Invest 25 minutes of your time to discover how you can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– You can join the 550 dentists on 3 continents who enjoy the benefits of working with SmartBox – the ones who are working less and earning more.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.