Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1243
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– “Dentist” is consistently ranked as one of the 2 best professions.
– That ranking is based on working conditions, work-life balance, and earning potential, among other factors.
– But if you talk with a lot of dentists like I do, you’d be hard-pressed to believe that dentistry is all that great.
– The dentists I talk with describe themselves as being on roller skates, rushing between rooms trying to keep up with jam-packed schedules.
– They’re doing a huge amount of routine exams, drill and fills, and maybe a crown once in a while.
– They’re staying open longer and even on more days to try to meet the demand.
– And they’re very, very tired.
– To be sure, the younger dentists are holding up better than their more experienced peers.
– But that kind of schedule is hard on anybody.
– Now, if these dentists were making a lot of money, it might all be worth it.
– But you know what?
– They’re not making anywhere near what they should be for all that hard work.
– Insurance is a big reason why dentists’ average case value isn’t all that great.
– Patients come in looking for only the care that insurance will cover.
– And with dental insurance companies shifting costs to patients, the policies cover less and less.
– I’m sure it’s not news to you that dental insurance reimbursements are dropping.
– And all that insurance billing eats up huge amounts of staff time.
– Beyond insurance, practices are competing for prospects who are basically driven by price and convenience.
– Price wars between dental practices are very common, with one dentist undercutting another’s price only to be undercut by another practice.
– Trying to offer the lowest price cuts margins to the bone.
– So, to sum up what I hear from dentists all over the country – dentists are working too hard for too long for too little.
– Some of them are wearing out, or afraid that they will.
– And they’re bored, which may be the worst part of what’s going on right now.
– The patients they’re seeing require only a fraction of their expertise.
– Those dentists aren’t feeling professionally gratified.
– They just feel like they’re in an endurance contest.
– If any of this resonates with you, it’s time to make some changes.
– Dentistry doesn’t have to be this way, but to make dentistry everything it should be, you’ll need to change your marketing approach.
– You need better dental patients.
– Just ask Dr. Kevin McMahon of Edgewood, Kentucky.
– He said, “When I saw SmartBox, I said, ‘Hey, that’s cool.
– “‘They do it all.
– “‘They’ll do my website, they’ll do my Google AdWords, they’ll do my organic search, follow up with me, they’ll meet with me.’
– “I liked that aspect of it.
– “I’m being more productive in things that I’m doing.
– “I’m moving toward the larger cases, implants, things like that, and have associates do other work.”
– What SmartBox has helped Dr. McMahon achieve, we can help you achieve.
– If you’re ready to change the model for your practice – from high-volume to high-quality patients – here’s your first step.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free, no-obligation Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll schedule a 25-minute phone call with you and use the results from that call to create your completely personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap™.
– Your free, no-obligation Roadmap will give you recommendations for thriving in your market.
– Use it however you wish – it’s completely free.
– Dentistry shouldn’t be an endurance contest.
– With SmartBox, it won’t be.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.