Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 245
Organic search is the bread and butter of web marketing. But do you like to eat only bread and butter? Of course not. When we come back, I’m going to tell you how pay per click advertising is like adding meat to the menu. Stay tuned.
– Hi, Colin Receveur here on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
– If you’re a regular viewer of the Patient Attraction Podcast, you know I am a big believer in driving the patients YOU want to your website through organic search.
– That means when someone searches Google for “find a dentist Dickson, TN,” we want your name to come up all over the first page of that search.
– Those are organic results, and research shows that 70% of the links search users click on are organic.
– That’s why I say that organic search is the bread and butter of web marketing: is a staple that you must have.
– But what about the other 30 percent.
– That’s the meat in your web marketing diet.
– For my clients, we encourage them to use pay per click (commonly called PPC) advertising.
– If you run almost any Google search, at the top of the page will be at least one result that has a little bitty yellow box that says “Ad.”
– That is someone who has paid to be placed on a page for that search term.
– The buyer only pays if someone clicks the link.
– And it works, especially for the target audience of most dentists.
– A study found that 65 percent of people who click PPC ads were 35 years old or older.
– Are you doing PPC advertising?
– More importantly, is PPC advertising working for you?
– It’s really not that difficult:
– If you have time to research keywords.
– Remember, that’s not just single words, but keyword strings, too.
– If you have time to research reasonable prices to bid.
– If you have time to build your landing pages.
– If you have time to improve your Quality Score.
– If you have time to A/B test various ads.
– Or you can stick to what you do best, which is solve people’s dental problems.
– The best thing you can do is hire someone to manage your PPC.
– There are companies that only manage PPC.
– If you want to build your marketing piece by piece, then you’ll need to hire a company to manage your PPC, a company to manage your website, people to write your copy, a PR firm to send out your press releases and so on and so on.
– Or you can hire a full-service firm like ours.
– We manage all of your online marketing from top to bottom.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until then, keep moving forward.