Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 830
If you’re using an automated response system to respond to email inquiries, it’s important to add personal touches to an otherwise impersonal process. After the break, I’ll tell how dentists can soften automation for the best possible patient reaction. Don’t go anywhere.
– This is the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Someone once said that the problem with instant gratification is that it takes too long.
– Sometimes, though, instant is too fast.
– If your automated response system replies within seconds to a dental patient email, the patient knows that it’s computer generated.
– Nobody can answer that quickly.
– Dentistry is a trust-based business.
– People don’t trust computers, they trust other people.
– Or they don’t.
– Make sure that your response system includes a “human” lag time before it sends a response.
– That could be anywhere from 5 minutes to even 15 or 20.
– Your current and new dental patients may still suspect that it’s an automatic reply.
– But maintaining the illusion can be helpful.
– That same focus should be on every part of your automated emails.
– Get rid of “mechanical-sounding” phrases like “Click here to unsubscribe.”
– Replace them with more conversational phrases like, “If you’re not satisfied with what we’re sending you, let us know.”
– Speaking of conversational, your automated response system should never address a patient by his or her full name.
– Make sure it uses first names only, or Mister, Misses, or Miz with last name.
– And while you’re at it, ask the patients on your list what information they’d like to receive.
– Dental patients with gingivitis get dental caries, too.
– And even patients with missing teeth may be interested in whitening.
– But be sure to segment your audience to avoid sending information they’re not interested in.
– Keep the personal touch in your automated replies, and you’ll help build patient trust.
– Because dentistry is a trust-based business.
– Of course, email automation requires quite a bit of time to set up.
– And even more time to monitor the results and adjust what you’re doing.
– Dr. Mitchel Friedman, a dentist in Lincroft, New Jersey, turned to SmartBox to simplify things and get better results.
– “Colin and his brilliant team were quickly able to consolidate and automate our online programs – email responses, phone tracking and recording, press releases, blog posts, Infusionsoft integration with ortho and implant campaign sequences.”
– We can do the same for you.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.