Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 98: Research Proves Smiles Improve People’s Lives part 2 of 2
Hello all. Welcome back to the second day of our look at how smile marketing helps your patients as well as your practice. I’m Colin Receveur, and I’ll see you when we return.
– Just to recap, yesterday I shared research that shows:
– Smiling can make you happy even when you’re not
– Smiling makes other people happy
– Others find smiling more attractive
4. Smiling also reduces stress
– Studies show that smiling may help to reduce symptoms associated with anxiety.
– When that smile signals to your brain that you’re feeling happy, your body will usually slow its breathing and heart rate.
– Reducing stress can lower blood pressure, improve digestion and regulate blood sugar.
5. Smiling can help you get a new job
– In a study published in the December 2009 issue of Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, researchers found people were more likely to think that a person who smiles is likeable, confident, conscientious and stable.
6. You can’t laugh if you don’t smile
– Numerous studies have shown the health benefits of laughing, including how it acts like a mini workout that burns calories and works the abs.
– Laughter also helps blood flow, lowers blood sugar levels, reduces stress and improves sleep.
– It also may raise the level of infection-fighting antibodies in the body, which helps boost your immune system.
– Why does any of this matter? Because these are all reasons to encourage patients to smile, and they won’t smile if they are unhappy with their teeth.
– Until next time, keep smiling and keep moving forward.