Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 97: Research Proves Smiles Improve People’s Lives part 1 of 2
You may have heard in dental school that your face has 44 muscles in that allow you to make 5,000 types of expressions. When we come back, I’m going to tell you how promoting the smile will not only improve your business, but give you research that says it will improve your patients’ lives. Stay tuned.
– Today is the first of two parts on 6 ways smiling improves your life.
– Smile dentistry is a very common marketing idea. It hits a lot of dental niches.
– Research also shows that there is a real mind/body connection between the brain and smiling.
-So we’ll start with three today and finish with three tomorrow.
1. Smiling makes you happy even when you’re not
-Smiling sends a message to your brain that you’re happy. And when you’re happy, your body releases endorphins.
-In 1984, an article in the journal Science showed that when people mimic different emotional expressions, their bodies produce physiological changes that reflect the emotion, too, such as changes in heart and breathing rate.
-A German study found that people felt happy just by holding a small pen clenched in their teeth, imitating a smile.
2. Smiling makes other people happy
-Research shows that smiling is contagious.
-Studies show that seeing a friend smile can make you smile without you even being aware that you are doing it.
3. Others find smiling more attractive
-According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 96 percent of American adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex.
– So there are our first three reasons. Come back tomorrow to hear the final three.
– Until then, keep moving forward