Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hey everybody, Colin Receveur, and I have a question for you: If a picture is worth 1,000 words, how many words is video worth? I’ll tell you when we return.
– I am a huge proponent of video. I include it in all of our marketing packages for clients, and I use it all over our SmartBox Web Marketing website. Obviously you’re looking at video right now.
– This is going to the first of three parts that statistically show you why video is so effective. I’m going to give you five stats every day that show I’m right.
– The first answers the question I just asked you. How many words is a video worth?
– According to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research, the answer is 1.8 million.
– One video is worth more than dozens of articles, books and websites.
– There are plenty of reasons for this:
– Next, how many people are watching online videos? 100 million, according to comScore’s 2012 US Digital Future In Focus report. You think any of those need dentistry?
– Also according to comScore, 45.4% of Internet users view at least one video online over the course of a month. The average person is exposed to more than 30 videos each month.
– Next, 90 percent of online shoppers at major retailers’ websites find video helpful in making a decision.
– Finally, website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video and stay on the site an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos, according to comScore.
– Consumers are becoming trained to EXPECT video.
– If you’re not providing it on your website, you’re missing out.
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll reveal five more numbers that show the power of video. Until then, keep moving forward.