Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hi everyone, Colin Receveur here, and I’m going to tell you how to bring customers to you instead of chasing them like a lovestruck teenager. Man up and stay tuned.
– Welcome back. Today starts a 3-day series on inbound marketing, that is, helping potential patients come to you and then showing them you are the best choice to meet their needs.
– If you’re still focused on traditional, or outbound marketing, you are chasing prospects, telling them how much you want them and just hoping they will see how great you are – just like a love-struck teenager professing his love to his crush.
– People are tuning out traditional marketing:
– 86 percent skip TV ads
– 91 percent unsubscribe from email
– 44 percent of direct mail is never opened
– 200 million people are on the do not call list
– Outbound marketing is a shotgun approach: seminar series, email blasts to purchased lists, cold calling, outsourced telemarketing, and traditional advertising such as direct mail, and mass media advertising.
– Rather than doing outbound marketing to people who are trying to block you out, we help our clients maximize inbound marketing.
– This where you help your prospects who already are learning about and shopping for a dentist.
– So you see inbound marketing has a built in advantage: you are targeting people who already want to use your services.
– I’ll explain more about inbound marketing tomorrow.
– Until then, keep moving forward.