Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hello everyone, Colin Receveur here, and writer Oscar Wilde once said, “The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.” Today I’m going to give you a way to insert yourself into the news and benefit your practice in process. Stay tuned.
– Today is March 11, and I want to tell you about two stories that recently made pretty big news in their local areas.
– Both involve dentists and both are bad for the doctors involved.
– In one story in Massachusetts, 10 dentists were accused of bilking a welfare dental program of $1.3 million in fraudulent claims. In one of the cases, a dentist billed the system for 53 fluoride treatments on one patient.
– In another story in Scotland, one dentist is accused of the same thing to the tune of $1.3 million US.
– What does this have to do you and bringing in more patients?
– Local press love to localize stories. If you were to see a story involving dentistry, even a negative story like these, you could offer to be the expert to your local press.
– A short email or phone call to your local TV station or newspaper could result in an interview and inclusion in a story.
– This, in turn, would get your name out to the public as an expert.
– This also would boost your SEO ranking when those media outlets used your name in their stories online. We’ve discussed the benefits of that in a previous podcast.
– At SmartBox, we see such potential in this brand of marketing that we are adding it as a service to our clients.
– Dentistry doesn’t make mainstream news every day, so when it does, be sure to be your local media’s go-to expert.
Thanks for watching and until next time, keep moving forward.