Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hello, Colin Receveur here on June 19. Today I’m going to tell you how best-selling author, millionaire and marketing expert Seth Godin agrees with something I told you recently. Stay tuned.
– Welcome back everyone.
– Seth Godin is a guy that anyone in marketing follows.
– He’s a former VP at Yahoo and a couple of years ago was inducted into the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame.
– If you’ve never heard of him, let me tell you this: Just type in the word Seth and he’ll appear high up on your search page.
– THAT’S how big he is.
– I am but your humble dental marketing servant, trying to help you attract the patients YOU want.
– So I follow Seth’s blog and a recent one sounded oddly familiar.
– In it, Seth told readers “It’s too expensive” almost never means “there isn’t enough money if I think it’s worth it.”
– He suggested readers should find a community that values the work they do and then increase the perceived value rather than lowering the price.
– “When you don’t need everyone to buy what you sell, ‘it’s too expensive’ from some is actually a useful reminder that you’ve priced this appropriately for the rest of your audience.”
– For you regular viewers of the podcast, does that sound familiar?
– It should, because I delivered the same message back in late February.
– What someone is willing to pay has nothing to do with price.
– It is all about value.
– And if some people don’t see the value, then you know two things:
1. Keep working on your technique presentation. If you feel it is valuable to them, you want them to feel that way too.
2. You’re probably doing something right. You need to find the right price points where some say no while enough say yes.
– Too many yeses and you’re not charging enough.
– Too many nos and you’re charging too much.
– Let me tell you what is always priced right, and that is free.
– That’s how much my new book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years” will cost you. The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.99 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Or you can get monthly advice from our newsletter by getting a subscription at www.SWMNewsletter.com.
– Tomorrow I’m going to give you some shocking statistics on Smartphone usage.
– Until then, keep moving forward.