Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hey everybody, Colin Receveur here to deliver you some bad news if you’re relying on Facebook to market your practice. I’ll give it to you when we come back.
– Today is June 18 and if you haven’t read the report in Time about what Facebook is doing with is Pages platform, you’re going to be shocked.
– The article is titled, “The Free-Marketing Gravy Train Is Over on Facebook,” if that tells you anything.
– You can find the article at bit.ly/SWMtimearticle.
– Here’s the heart of the issue:
– Facebook has been dropping the reach of its Pages platform.
– Pages, with a capital P, are what most businesses have as opposed to a timeline, which is what you have as an individual.
– So your practice probably has a Facebook Page.
– You were likely under the assumption that everyone who follows you page sees every notification you put on your page.
– Here is the most shocking thing I found in the Time article:
– Posting on Facebook only reaches 6% of people who follow your Facebook page.
– And that’s of the people who WANT TO FOLLOW YOUR PAGE!
– Here’s the kicker: THAT’S NOT EVEN THE BAD NEWS.
– The bad news is that your posts on Facebook used to reach about 12 percent (still an incredibly low number) of followers.
– Now it has dropped to 6 percent.
– And it’s going to drop to 1% or 2%, according to the Time piece.
– The article says that Facebook picks 300 posts to place in a user’s News Feed in a day.
– That’s 300 out of the 1,500 that a typical Facebook user would get if they saw all the posts.
– Why would Facebook stop posting FREE feeds from businesses to their followers.
– So they can CHARGE for paid ads of course!
– The only people making money on Facebook are Facebook employees.
– We’ve been telling our docs for the last 10 years that Facebook is not the way to attract more patients effectively.
– If you want to see how you can attract the patients YOU want, go to www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com and get a copy of my new book that lays out a COMPLETE WEB MARKETING PLAN that doesn’t rely on Facebook.
– You also can get monthly advice from our newsletter by getting a subscription at www.SWMNewsletter.com.
– Tomorrow, I’ll give you some words of wisdom from best-selling author Seth Godin.
– Until then, keep moving forward.