Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Thursday, June 12, 2014 Patient Attraction Episode 147: Are You Getting ALL the Emails You Can?
Today is June 12 and I am Colin Receveur. Thanks for joining me for day 4 of our look at email marketing. Today I want to ask, Are you doing everything you can to get all of the emails you can? Come right back.
– First, let me remind you that email marketing has one of the highest returns on investment of any form of marketing.
– It’s super cost-effective, easy to track and doesn’t take a lot of setup.
– It all works “automagically.”
– So what are you doing to get emails from prospects?
– Do you have calls on your website?
– These can be requests for free reports.
– These can be requests for more information.
– These can be responses to poll questions.
– The can come from comments to blogs.
– Are you using social media to get email addresses?
– You could run contests on Facebook.
– You could get comments on Facebook.
– You can get comments on Twitter.
– You could post before and after pictures on Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram, and then get comments on them.
– Those are all great, Internet-savvy, digital ways to get email addresses.
– But what about some analog options.
– For instance, do you get email addresses from potential patients who call your office for information? You should.
– What about patients who come in for routine cleanings and exams. Do you get their email addresses?
– In fact, you should have the email address for every person who calls or steps through the door.
– They are ALL prospects in one way or another.
– Sure, they might call to ask if you do Invisalign, see children or do emergency dentistry.
– That makes them prime candidates for an email sequence.
– Existing patients may only want you to check for cavities, but they also may respond to a series on smile improvement.
– If you give a speech at your local Rotary Club, make sure the sign-in sheet has everyone’s email address and get a copy.
– Let me be as absolutely clear as I can: if you have a chance to get someone’s email address, get it!
– Email addresses are like treasure for email marketing.
– What’s more, see if the people you contact know of OTHER people who could benefit from some information.
– The more email addresses you can get, the more you can maximize your email marketing potential.
– We’ll finish up our series tomorrow by talking about what to do with all of those email addys.
– Until then, keep moving forward.