Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hello and welcome back to the Patient Attraction blog. I am Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing. Today May 29, the 61st anniversary of New Zealand mountaineer Edmund Hillary and sherpa Tenzing Norgay becoming the first people to reach the summit of Mount Everest. Today, I want to talk about the uphill climb that is web marketing. Stay tuned.
– I recently was talking with one of my staff about how much has changed in web marketing in just the last few years. About four years ago, I loaded some information about my company’s strategies on a business card-sized USB drive and handed them out instead of business cards.
– Two years ago, I had to delete the information from the drives and reload them with new information.
– I’m about to have to do it again.
– Some of you might think that means our strategies haven’t worked.
– On the contrary, changing is exactly why they HAVE.
– The point of web marketing is to convert prospects looking online into patients.
– But HOW we reach those prospects change as the web changes.
– For instance, Google has changed the way it ranks results so much that many have cried that search engine optimization is dead (it isn’t).
– And new problems have arisen, like Facebook’s increasing push toward paid advertising and move away from showing even your followers what you post.
– We have, of course, gained some new tools, like retargeting. That allows you to place ads for your practice on various and random websites in front of the people who have visited your website.
– We also can track conversions from window shoppers to prospects to patients better than ever before.
– But the task is now so complicated even web marketers are beginning to divide into niches to concentrate on only a few aspects of web marketing.
– There is simply too much data and too many options for many of them, so they choose to specialize.
– And I would say to you that, just like Sir Edmund Hillary, you have to have a guide to help you avoid dumping money down bottomless wells and wasting time on fool’s errands.
– When you’re ready to get serious about attracting the patients you want, I encourage you to read my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.99 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Or you can get monthly advice from our newsletter by getting a subscription at www.SWMNewsletter.com.
– Until tomorrow, keep climbing upward.