Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hi, Colin here. Welcome back to day 2 of our look at how women dominate social media. We’ll look at the final three statistics when we return.
– So yesterday I told you about some information that two guys at FinancesOnline.com compiled from the Pew Research Center, Burst Media and Neilsen.
– Overall what they found is that women use social media more than men; they use those sites in more ways; and interact with brands and share news more often than men.
– We covered the first three findings yesterday, so let’s get into the final three now.
– The fourth finding is that 58 percent of women and 42 percent of men read news from a social media site.
– 58 percent of women on Facebook read news compared to 42 percent of men
– 52 percent of women on Google+ read news compared to 48 percent of men
– So I take this to mean that if you have new study results or see a current event that could affect your patients, posting it on Facebook or Google will reach more than half of the women. If those “news” items convince them to get their kids in for a checkup or that they should replace that missing tooth, then that is a good thing for you.
– The fifth finding is that women are leading the trend toward mobile devices.
– 46 percent of women and 43 percent of men used Smartphones most often to access social media
– 32 percent of women and 20 percent of men used tablets to access social media
– As you try to drive potential patients to your website via social media, you want to make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices. Almost half of the women could be coming from one.
– Finally, the sixth finding is that women are driving growth on social media.
– I told you yesterday how many women are using Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram.
– Thanks to those numbers, those three sites are the fastest growing social media sites.
– If you want to really target women, post before-and-after photos of some of your patients on these three sites, or encourage your patients to do so with your hashtag.
– Thanks for watching today. I’d love to hear some ways you are using social media and how effective you find it. Click on this video. It will take you to our YouTube page. Leave us a comment there.
– For more information on using social media to attract the patients YOU want, get a copy of my new book for only the cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– You also can sign up for our monthly newsletter at www.SWMNewsletter.com.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.