Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hey everyone, Colin here. Today is Friday, May 23, and today we are going to look at the final 2 facts you must know about search engine results. I’ll tell you more when we return.
– Yesterday I told you how to find out where you really rank on a Google search results page, and in doing so I encouraged you to use long-tail keywords of at least three words.
– The second fact you have to know about Google search results is:
2. Most people aren’t searching using your keywords – if you’re using individual words.
– Most patients don’t just Google “dentist,” “crowns” or even “tooth ache.”
– In fact, Google data shows that 54.5 percent of queries use more than three words.
– Why is this a problem for you?
– Because long-tail keywords are hard to optimize.
– You don’t know if someone is going to search “Charlotte NC dental pain,” “Charlotte NC why do my teeth hurt,” “do I need to see a dentist,” or “who is the closest dentist to me in Charlotte NC who can fix cracked teeth.”
– And these queries could all be about the same problem.
– At SmartBox, we research our patients’ websites to find out which keywords and keyword strings are bringing in the most traffic.
– Then we add other proven search terms and we optimize for all of them.
– If your SEO provider isn’t doing the same thing, it may be time to make a switch. If you don’t have an SEO provider, it’s probably time to get one.
– Finally, fact number 3 that you must know about Google search results is:
3. It doesn’t matter how high you rank on a search engine results page if you are not converting clicks to patients.
– I will continue to pound this drum, because some companies want to sell you on how many “clicks” or “hits” they get you on your website.
– But if those are not qualified prospects, meaning they have been tricked into clicking on your site or otherwise are not looking to become a patient, what good has it done you?
– Do you get paid every time someone visits your website?
– No, you get paid when those clicks become paying, staying and referring patients.
– I’ve addressed the issue of conversions in previous podcasts and will do so again, I am sure, so keep watching.
– I also cover this and much more in my new book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years” and our Patient Attraction Newsletter. The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.99 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Or you can get monthly advice from our newsletter by getting a subscription at www.swmnewsletter.com.
– Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you back on Monday.
– Until then, keep moving forward.