Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hi everyone, Colin with SmartBox Web Marketing here on this Tuesday, April 29, 2014. Today I want to talk about attracting patients without CHASING them. I’ll tell you more when you come back.
– The problem with chasing is that someone has to be trying to get away.
– Is that really what you want to spend your time, energy and money doing: chasing after prospects who are not trying to be caught?
– If you are not marketing to a target audience, this is exactly what you are doing.
– What you want to do is be in position to catch the prospects who want to be caught.
– Here are three ways to start attracting the patients you WANT instead of chasing them:
1. Ask yourself what are the two or three key things that make you stand out?
– Start with what we talked about yesterday: differentiation.
– Then look at what you can do better or differently than anyone else in your marketplace.
2. Find what you can offer that is valuable to the prospects you want BEFORE they make an appointment with you.
– This goes back to the Robert Cialdini idea of reciprocation we talked about earlier this year.
– When you give someone something of value, they feel indebted to you.
– At SmartBox, we encourage our clients to offer reports and books about solutions to people’s dental needs.
– This not only gives prospective patients something of value, but establishes the dentist as an expert (another Cialdini principle, authority).
3. Decide where you want to go. What is your endgame? What kind of practice are you looking for, and what does it take to get there?
– This will determine the patients you are trying to attract (the focus of a future podcast).
– How can you make a plan to get the practice you want if you don’t first know the kind of practice you want?
– As with most things, the devil is in the details. Once you decide these three points, then you have to implement the best strategies to start attracting the patients YOU want.
– To find out how to do that, get my new book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years” and our Patient Attraction Newsletter. The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.99 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– And keep watching these podcasts for daily tips on how to attract the patients YOU want.
– Until then, keep moving forward.