Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Hey everybody Colin Receveur here on Monday, April 28, and today I’m going to tell you how to become a multimillionaire. Stick around to see how easy it is.
– If you haven’t heard of Dr. David Moffet, you should look him up. I think he’s a good example that many dentists could follow.
– He started a practice making $120K per year in a low-income suburb of Sydney, Australia, and grew it into a $3 million annual business. In fact, he sold his practice and now makes his living marketing a practice-enhancement plan.
– I think a lot of what he says makes sense. I’m not here to shill for his company nor am I paid to endorse his product, so I’m not going to tell you what he says.
– But I am going to tell you a point he makes that I wholeheartedly agree with: Dentists must successfully differentiate themselves from their competitors.
– If you’re like 99.9 percent of the dentists in this country, prospective patients can decide between you and at least one other practice.
– This is what I like about what Dr. Moffet says. Dentists are not experts in business. So they end up seeing what their competitors are doing and DOING THE SAME THING!
– The problem is, what most of the competition is doing isn’t working either. But dentists focus on what a SELECT FEW extremely successful dentists are doing and wonder why they aren’t getting the same results.
– Here is where Dr. Moffet’s practice-management system intersects with my patient-attraction system.
– The reason most dentists aren’t as successful as those exceptional few has little or nothing to do with
– It has everything to do with differentiation.
– The most successful dentists in this country have found a way to stand out from their competitors.
– That may be that they found a highly profitable niche (the subject of a future podcast).
– Perhaps they are attracting more and better patients.
– Or maybe, just to tease Dr. Moffet’s system a little, they treat patients differently than other dentists.
– But the single-most important trait that separates the most successful dentists from everyone else is differentiation.
– How you differentiate is an entirely different matter. To find ways to do that I encourage you to get my new book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years” and our Patient Attraction Newsletter. The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.99 cost of shipping at www.moreandbetterpatients.com.
– Or you can get monthly advice from our newsletter by getting a subscription at www.swmnewsletter.com.
– As always, you can leave comments on our Facebook or YouTube pages and let us know how you are differentiating yourself.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.