Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Thursday, 4/24/14 Patient Attraction Episode 112: Are You Ready to Charge Your Practice?
Hi everyone, Colin here to introduce to someone I really like. His name is Brendon Burchard, and he has a YouTube channel you might search for. He’s got some uplifting, positive messages that I think you might like. Come back after the break and I’m going to tell you about one that I think applies to dentists.
– So Brendon had an episode lately called “Caged, Comfortable, or Charged – Which is YOUR Life?” In it he describes three types of lives:
– Caged: You feel trapped in your circumstances, whether that is expectations from yourself or others, or you don’t have time, emotional or financial freedom. You become resigned to your fate and resentful. The only way out is for someone to come into your life and set you free, or you start making different choices and set yourself free.
– Comfortable: You feel satisfaction with your life and with yourself. But this comfortableness also leads to restlessness, a desire for more challenges, a belief that there must be something more.
– Charged: You feel energized, willing to take on challenges and push yourself beyond what you previously thought were limits.
– Now, sometimes Brendon comes off a little spiritual or preachy, and the three types of lives are probably a little simplistic.
– After all, we have all probably been caged, comfortable and charged at different times, and probably feel different proportions of all three at other times.
– But here is where I think Brendon is dead on as it relates to dentists:
– It is very easy to feel caged in your practice.
– You are working too many hours on too many patients for too little money.
– You don’t know a way to get the patients you want so you can have the lifestyle and family time you desire.
– Your are disenchanted that the business side of your practice is not where you want it to be.
– You also may feel comfortable in your practice.
– You have plenty of patients. The work is steady. But there are too many drill and fills, and not enough reconstructions.
– You make a decent living. But you know of others who are doing better.
– You think that you can keep on going the way things are but wonder if you might be able to get more out of the business.
– What you need is someone to help you get to the charged dental life. You need someone to help you get the patients YOU want to attract so you can focus on the dentistry.
– You cannot be an expert in everything, you only have so much time in the day and you have people counting on you.
– I want to make you three offers:
– Keep watching these podcasts. I’m giving away lots of good ideas to help your practice. They are free, but you have to be in charge of implementing them.
– I offer a monthly newsletter for $39 that gives you more in-depth ways to improve your practice. You can got to www.swmnewsletter.com to order. Implement the strategies in the articles and you will be successful.
– I have a book that lays out how you can attract more patients in the next six months than you did in the last six years. In fact, it is called “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” It is my opus. Follow it, and you will be successful. Again, you have to implement it.
– Or, of course, we would love for you to call us at 888-741-1413 and I personally will make sure that we help you. Just mention that you saw this podcast and you will move to the top of the call-back list.
– I look forward to hearing from you. Until then, keep moving forward.