Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Thursday, 4/17/14 Lose Your Ego, Grow Your Practice Part 4 of 5
Colin Receveur here. Thanks for joining us for day 4 of our 5-day look at how less of you in your content marketing to potential patients means more of them in your office. Today we look at the story you are trying to tell. Stay tuned.
– We’ve been doing a series this week based on a blog post titled “Is Your Ego Hijacking Your Content Marketing Strategy?” by one of the writers at Hubspot.
– So far we’ve tackled listening more than you talk; trusting data, not your opinion, on what works; and doing what you’ve always done will get you what you’ve always gotten.
– Today we’re going to look at the content in your content marketing.
– The Hubspot blog talked about writing content that goes beyond the sale to make a difference, and how that can resonate with the reader.
– This is why I always talk about quality content.
– Plenty of websites stuff as many keywords as they can into content that is almost unreadable and undecipherable.
– We encourage our clients to write content that answers potential patients questions and problems.
– You come across as the expert when you have content based on their need for information, not your need for keywords or SEO.
– That may be website content, newsletters, press releases, emails or posts on your Facebook page.
– Provide information that people need, and they will come to you.
– That’s why I want to tell you about my new book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years” and our Patient Attraction Newsletter. The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.99 cost of shipping at www.moreandbetterpatients.com.
– Or you can get monthly advice from our newsletter by getting a subscription at www.swmnewsletter.com.
– We’ll finish off our series tomorrow about getting your ego out of your marketing by telling you how to give your ego a little stroke.
– Until then, keep moving forward.