Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Wednesday, 4/16/14 Lose Your Ego, Grow Your Practice Part 3 of 5
Hi again, Colin here with day three of our series on taking your ego out of your marking. I hope to make you really uncomfortable when we return.
– There’s a saying that no growth occurs without discomfort.
– That is the point of today’s podcast, as we continue our look at ways to remove your ego from your marketing.
– This is based on a five-point list in a blog from Hubspot.
– Point one was listening more than you talk, and point two was to trust data, not your opinion, on what works.
– Today we’re going to talk about how doing what you’ve always done will get you what you’ve always gotten.
– You have to let go of your ego, which tells you that the way you are doing it is fine, and step onto unfamiliar ground.
– For instance, it may be hard for you to give up your traditional Yellow Pages ad.
– But as I wrote in my new book, the patients you want aren’t looking in the Yellow Pages anymore.
– It may be hard for you to trust in search engine optimization because how it works is complicated.
– Your ego wants you to stick with what you know and stay away from what you don’t understand.
– Your ego wants you to tout yourself, your equipment and your staff.
– But you have to let that go. You have to be willing to take risks and to feel uncomfortable if you want to move past your current position.
– Because if you keep doing what you are doing, you will get what you have always gotten.
– If you want to attract the patients YOU want, you have to do something different.
– Leave a comment or otherwise let me know some risks you have taken in your marketing and how it has worked out for you. Maybe we’ll highlight some of the good ones in a future podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.