Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Tuesday, 4/15/14 Lose Your Ego, Grow Your Practice Part 2 of 5
Hello again, I’m Colin Receveur and thanks for joining me for day two of our 5-day series on taking your ego out of your marketing. We’ll look at how much your opinion matters in your marketing efforts when we return.
– We’re following a list of five ways the folks over at Hubspot identified in a blog to take your ego out of content marketing and applying it to dentists.
– The first way was to listen more than you talk.
– Today we’re going to talk about the second, “Forget personal opinion. What do the numbers say?”
– It says you should test your assumptions, try new methods for reaching potential patients and analyze the numbers all along the way.
– We are big about metrics. We track the number of phone calls all of our customers get from every place potential patients could find them.
– We also track where all opt-ins come from.
– You can’t know what’s working (and what isn’t) if you’re not tracking.
– In our own marketing, we send out messages among multiple channels and see which ones resonate the best. Then we focus on those.
– Now I know some of you are saying, “I have been doing this a long time. I know what works.”
– What you have to realize is that sometimes you don’t know what you don’t know.
– Maybe what you’re doing does work, but how do you know what you are doing is working better than everything else until you test it against other methods?
– If you want to attract more and better patients, test and track.
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll make you uncomfortable.
– Until then, keep moving forward.