Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Wednesday 4/9/14 Patient Attraction Episode 101: What Everybody Ought to Know About Scraping
Hey everybody, Colin Receveur here with another podcast about attracting the patients YOU want. When we come back, I’m going to tell you about one of the dark secrets of having great content. Stay tuned.
– Content is king in the current era of Google searches.
– Have great content and it will raise your ranking on Google search pages. Periodically refresh your content with different great content, and you’ll rise up the rankings even faster.
– But where does this great content come from?
– Well, most dentists hire someone to write the content of their web pages. This makes the most sense because docs are focused on their patients and their practice.
– Most of these writers do a good job of writing compelling, informative, original content.
– But some are plagiarists, pure and simple.
– Other times, sites are set up to automatically find content on particular subjects, copy the content and place it on another website.
– In the digital age, we call this “scraping,” and it is a big no-no.
– Google is supposed to penalize sites that steal content word-for-word from other sites in search engine results.
– So make sure whoever is managing your site understands that scraping will not be tolerated.
– If you find that you are a victim of scraping, especially if the scraper site outranks your site in a Google search, report it at bit.ly/scraperspamreport.
– Keep following this podcast or sign up for our newsletter at www.swmnewsletter.com to learn more ways to attract the patients YOU want.
– Before you go, let me tell you about a one-day seminar I’ll be at about simplifying full mouth implant reconstruction with new techniques and materials.
– It is Saturday, May 17, 2014, in Detroit, Michigan.
– You can get more information at www.reconstructivedentistryinstitute.com or http://bit.ly/1dgtN1p.
– I hope to see you there and until then, keep moving forward.