Patient Attraction Episode 258
Hello again and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast. It is Friday, Nov. 14, and today is our final look at Google searches, google rankings and why they matter to you. I’m going to tell you why you should forget all that stuff I told you about the last three days and focus on only the next 3 minutes. Stay tuned.
– Over the last three days, I’ve told you a lot about Google and its search algorithm, Hummingbird.
– We’ve talked about Pandas and Penguins, and what they mean to your ranking on a search engine results page.
– We’ve talked about SEO, PPC and organic traffic, and online audience optimization.
– Now, you can forget all that stuff because it doesn’t matter.
– That’s right, I said it doesn’t matter.
– It doesn’t matter in the same way you don’t care what kind of spark plugs are in your car.
– Or oil.
– Or air filter.
– Or fuel injectors.
– What you care about is whether that car starts and runs when you turn the key or hit the ignition button.
– Sure, it MATTERS what is in your engine, because without those things your car doesn’t start and run.
– But you don’t CARE about them so long as it DOES start and run.
– So you are not likely to get bogged down in whether your spark plugs are the most efficient.
– Or your oil is the most viscous.
– Or your air filter the most impervious to dust.
– You’ve got more in your life to deal with.
– Your web marketing is much the same way.
– As long as you are converting new contacts into patients, THAT’S what matters.
– Not your number of page clicks.
– Not average time on your website.
– Not your PageRank.
– Not how high or low you are on a Google search for “dental implants” in your area.
– You want to be able to hit the “start” button on your web marketing, and just know that it will lead to more and better patients.
– That’s why we have upgraded our industry-leading patient attraction system to take advantage of the new Google landscape.
– We are going to de-emphasize some organic search techniques, focusing more on targeted PPC.
– And we are focusing more on helping convert website visitors to paying, staying and referring patients.
– Why are we making these changes?
– Because being found on the web is the best way to consistently attract the patients YOU want.
– But being found is not what is really important.
– Conversion is what is really important.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Next week we’re going to go back to one of the most talked about topics in the history of this podcast: online reviews.
– Until then, Keep Moving Forward.