Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 358
Welcome back to day two of our look at SmartBox Web Marketing. I’m Colin Receveur, SmartBox founder and CEO, and today I want to tell you about my experiences in dental marketing and what motivates me to help you get the patients YOU want. Stay tuned.
– I’ve been around dentistry my whole life and websites for most of it.
– My experience has been that too many dentists think that the website is the end goal.
– It’s not.
– But this unfortunate perspective leaves many dentists looking at the wrong things.
– Too many dentists are distracted by the latest schemes, shiny objects and gizmo, looking for a silver bullet that will solve all of their ills.
– Buzzwords confuse them into forgetting the real mission.
– It really is very simple: when you have a carpenter building your house, do you care whether his hammer is brand new or was handed down from his grandfather?
– You just care that he builds your house in a solid, timely and cost-effective way.
– Dentists forget that websites and all of the marketing that goes with them are just hammers for building the ultimate goal: More and better patients!
– Many marketing firms just get marketing.
– Website design firms know how to design pretty websites.
– SEO firms can do SEO.
– As a dentist, you don’t want marketing or websites or SEO,
– You want NEW PATIENTS in your chair.
– At SmartBox, we know how to maximize every tool to make that happen.
– That means you need to stop worrying about whether your staff or your wife like the looks of your website.
– Stop worrying about clicks and views.
– So what motivates us?
– Getting doctors to focus on the things that convert patients.
– Hitting the niches that will help them be successful, for instance.
– What makes each dentist stand out in his market?
– What are his differentiators?
– Another successful tactic is building rapport with prospects.
– That’s because simply being a dentist does not mean prospects are going to set up appointments.
– People do business with people they like and trust.
– That is why we put such an emphasis on video.
– One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words, according to Forrester Research.
– More importantly, video lets prospects get a sense of your personality.
– After watching a video of you, people feel like they know you.
– I told you this wasn’t going to be a weeklong sales pitch, so I’ll stop there.
– But just to summarize, too many dentists are being distracted by buzzwords and numbers that don’t matter.
– Only one number matters: Number of new patients.
– Tomorrow, we’ll look at SmartBox’s industry-leading patient attraction system.
– Until then, keep moving forward.