Patient Attraction Episode 358
Welcome back to day two of our look at SmartBox Web Marketing. I’m Colin Receveur, SmartBox founder and CEO, and today I want to tell you about my experiences in dental marketing and what motivates me to help you get the patients YOU want. Stay tuned.
– I’ve been around dentistry my whole life and websites for most of it.
– My experience has been that too many dentists think that the website is the end goal.
– It’s not.
– But this unfortunate perspective leaves many dentists looking at the wrong things.
– Too many dentists are distracted by the latest schemes, shiny objects and gizmo, looking for a silver bullet that will solve all of their ills.
– Buzzwords confuse them into forgetting the real mission.
– It really is very simple: when you have a carpenter building your house, do you care whether his hammer is brand new or was handed down from his grandfather?
– You just care that he builds your house in a solid, timely and cost-effective way.
– Dentists forget that websites and all of the marketing that goes with them are just hammers for building the ultimate goal: More and better patients!
– Many marketing firms just get marketing.
– Website design firms know how to design pretty websites.
– SEO firms can do SEO.
– As a dentist, you don’t want marketing or websites or SEO,
– You want NEW PATIENTS in your chair.
– At SmartBox, we know how to maximize every tool to make that happen.
– That means you need to stop worrying about whether your staff or your wife like the looks of your website.
– Stop worrying about clicks and views.
– So what motivates us?
– Getting doctors to focus on the things that convert patients.
– Hitting the niches that will help them be successful, for instance.
– What makes each dentist stand out in his market?
– What are his differentiators?
– Another successful tactic is building rapport with prospects.
– That’s because simply being a dentist does not mean prospects are going to set up appointments.
– People do business with people they like and trust.
– That is why we put such an emphasis on video.
– One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words, according to Forrester Research.
– More importantly, video lets prospects get a sense of your personality.
– After watching a video of you, people feel like they know you.
– I told you this wasn’t going to be a weeklong sales pitch, so I’ll stop there.
– But just to summarize, too many dentists are being distracted by buzzwords and numbers that don’t matter.
– Only one number matters: Number of new patients.
– Tomorrow, we’ll look at SmartBox’s industry-leading patient attraction system.
– Until then, keep moving forward.