Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1099
Treadmills can be great if you’re trying to get in shape or lose weight. But they’re a lousy way for dentists to make a living. The dental treadmill is a seemingly endless stream of low-value patients – drill-and-fills, routine exams, and similar unchallenging things. If you’ve ever gotten to the point where you felt like chucking it all in because you were incredibly bored, stay tuned. I’ll be back after the break to tell you how to attract more professionally and financially rewarding patients.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Dentists go through a lot to get qualified to treat patients: 4 long and very expensive years of dental school, postgrad training, and more.
– Then there’s the expense and the stress of opening and running your own practice.
– It seems to me that actually practicing dentistry should be really rewarding to make up for all that sacrifice.
– How’s the dental profession going for you?
– Do you wake up eager to face the day and get into the office?
– Or do you drag yourself into your practice because you know what’s waiting for you?
– Just another day on the dental treadmill.
– Oh, sure, you’re doing good work and helping people.
– So why doesn’t that feel like enough?
– Could it be because you’re not challenged, not doing the cases you love to do?
– Could it be because your back’s beginning to hurt and your neck has twinges?
– And you’ve started to wonder just how long you can keep this up?
– Or maybe it’s just because all your hard work, your physical aches and pains, and your sacrifice isn’t growing your practice.
– You’re working too hard, for too long, for too little return and not enjoying it at all.
– Yeah, that’s discouraging.
– I’m not going to cast blame on anybody or anything.
– You’re doing what you’ve seen everybody else do when it comes to promoting your practice.
– It’s a simple equation: what you market for is what you get.
– And how you market is based on your belief about what motivates dental prospects.
– If you think the best motivators are low prices, insurance acceptance, and discounts, those are them things you advertise.
– That’s known as the “low-cost strategy,” and it’s a generic marketing approach that gets generic customers.
– Or in the case of dentists, that strategy brings in price shoppers, insurance-driven patients, and one-and-dones.
– Those low-value patients are pretty much the definition of the dental treadmill.
– Aren’t you and the services you provide worth more than that?
– Aren’t you more valuable than that?
– Then act like it, dammit.
– The cure for the dental treadmill is to get better patients.
– Market for the patients you want, not just for what you think you can get.
– But you know, not every dentist can do that.
– What I mean is that not every dentist is willing to do that.
– And even some of the ones who are willing don’t have the bandwidth to accomplish it.
– Marketing to attract better patients isn’t a quick-hit proposition.
– They’re not attracted by discounts and low prices.
– And frankly, they’re not all that easy to convince.
– They’re looking for a dentist they like, relate to, and trust to solve their dental problems.
– And they start their search for a dentist online.
– Google says people consult an average of 10.4 sources of information online before they make a buying decision.
– If your marketing isn’t at least most of those sources, those better patients won’t choose you to solve their dental problems.
– So you need a system in place to get in front of those prospects and stay in front of them.
– And you have to be where prospects are looking.
– That’s not just on your website but also on your social media, in your offline advertising, and in your dental emails.
– Like I said, most dentists don’t have the bandwidth to accomplish all that.
– SmartBox does, and we do it for more than 550 dentists on 3 continents to help them get more and better patients.
– Are you serious about getting off the dental treadmill and enjoying yourself again?
– Are you ready to get paid what you’re worth?
– Then go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com and schedule your Practice Discovery Call™.
– We reserve these calls for dentists who want to see a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple their practices.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– And you can get off that treadmill once and for all.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.