Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 854
Have you been wondering where all your new dental patients are going, since they’re not coming to see you? There’s a big-picture trend that answers that question. When we come back, I’ll tell you what that trend is and how to get patients who stay, pay, and refer.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– My dad’s a dentist, and I know from his experience that’s it’s tough to keep an eye on the bigger picture when you’re in the day-to-day.
– Or as the old saying goes, when you’re up to your butt in alligators, it’s hard to remember that your original intention was to drain the swamp.
– The bigger picture right now that you need to pay attention to is composed of three things.
– One is increased competition from new dental school grads and dentists who are delaying retirement.
– The second is the rise of corporate dental practices.
– They’re here, they’re growing, and they will beat you on price and availability.
– And they’re snapping up those debt-laden new dental grads and paying them less.
– And the third thing is a trend toward mergers and acquisitions with group dental practices.
– Just like the corporate practices, the larger private dental groups have availability and economies of scale that you can’t hope to match.
– Don’t believe me? Just see who the bulk of the dental marketing in your area comes from.
– Unless you work in a rural area with few competitors, this three-pronged attack is what you’re facing.
– And if they out-advertise you, advertising alone isn’t going to keep the doors open for more than a few years.
– So it’s time to consider a different approach.
– Dr. James Kiehl in southern New Hampshire knows that advertising on price isn’t working anymore.
– That’s why he became a SmartBox dentist, and here’s what he has to say.
– “Some of the advertising I’ve done in the past were more offer-driven, free exam, X-ray kind of thing. When you bring patients in that way, you’re chasing them for the next offer or they’re chasing you for the next offer, all the way down the line …
– “Since we’ve implemented our SmartBox Patient Attraction System, were definitely getting the quality patients that I want to see come into my practice.”
– Dr. Kiehl is prospering because he decided to stop going head-to-head with discount advertising.
– Instead, he chose SmartBox to implement a marketing system that attracts more and better patients.
– If you’re ready to do things differently with your marketing, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint and schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint™ Session.
– They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice.
– You can get more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– Until the next podcast, keep moving forward.