Patient Attraction Episode 268
Today is the Friday after Thanksgiving, which most people call “Black Friday.” Come back after the break and I’ll tell you how dentists who offer discounts and deals have a year-round Black Friday. Stay tuned.
– Hi, Colin Receveur here.
– I haven’t been shopping in a brick-and-mortar store in more than a year, so today’s deals and lines and crowds don’t affect me one bit.
– But I see the advertisements for super cheap this, deeply discounted that, and free whathaveyou.
– Judging by the lines I hear about, those tactics work too.
– In fact, it reminds of an email another dental marketer sent out earlier this year.
– He told recipients that they could increase their patient base by simply adding the words “It’s Free” next to a consultation offer.
– He said it would even work if the offer already said, “Come get your complimentary consultation,” or something to that effect.
– First, let me say that I am not here to argue with his conclusion.
– In fact, I would say he is probably 100 percent right.
– Just as we see on Black Friday, if you discount prices and give free offers, you will bring in more patients.
– And that’s where you go wrong.
– Do you know why?
– Because people who respond to discounts and free offers ARE NOT good long-term prospects.
– Who responds to discounts and free offers?
– People who are money-conscious.
– People who don’t have much disposable income.
– People whose first question when you suggest a treatment is going to be, “How much will this cost?”
– People whose next question is, “Can you give me a better price on that?”
– Is this your target patient?
– Are these the kinds of patients you want filling your schedule?
– Because that is who you are going to get.
– You have already proven you are flexible on price.
– I will reiterate what I have said on this podcast over and over again:
– Market to the kind of patients you want.
– And if you are marketing discounts and freebies, you are going to get patients who want discounts and freebies.
– That means when it comes time to recommend a denture, crown and implant, they are going shop for the cheapest provider.
– Is that what you want to be: the cheapest dentist in town?
– So you can work 10 hours a day six days a week to make any money?
– If so, more power to you.
– But if you want to know how to have more patients, more profits AND more freedom, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Have a great weekend and Keep Moving Forward.