Patient Attraction Episode 364
Welcome to another week of the Patient Attraction Podcast. This week we’re going to look at five things dentists typically do wrong in their marketing. Today, we’re going to focus on your “we-we” problem. I bet you can’t wait. Stay tuned.
– Colin here on Monday, March 16.
– Thanks for joining me for the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– As you can imagine, I review dozens and dozens of ineffective websites and marketing plans.
– So I thought I would take this week and review some of the most common mistakes I see dentists making in their marketing.
– Today I want to tell you how self-centered most dentists are on their website.
– Are you a dental narcissist?
– Ask yourself these questions:
– Do I focus on patient’s needs or my offerings?
– Do my patients see themselves on my site or me on their site?
– Is my message meant for patients to understand or to impress other dentists?
– All of these are common problems.
– Too many dental websites forget the 70-30 rule:
– Your website should talk about patients 70 percent of the time and you 30 percent of the time.
– For most dentists, that number is reversed.
– Go through and see how many times you use the words “I” or “we” compared to “you” and “your.”
– That’s why we call it a “we-we” problem, and boy do some dentists have a big one.
– Do your pages focus on the services you can perform?
– Or do your pages tell your prospects how you can solve their problems?
– And is your content easy to access, view and read?
– Or is it stuffed with technical jargon so you can show off your vocabulary and make sure other dentists know that you know the correct terms?
– This is not how you attract more patients.
– You attract more patients by having a website that meets them where they are.
– That meets their needs.
– That solves their problems and answers their questions.
– And that visually reflects them.
– This is what we call the mirror (enunciate mir-or) effect.
– This is “speaking” to the patients you want.
– So unless you want nothing but dentists as patients, stop focusing on yourself and start focusing on your patients.
– You can find out about this and every topic we talk about this week in my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll talk about calls-to-action.
– Until then, keep moving forward.