Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1104
Being a small business owner is a challenge for the principals … like dentists. Any number of things demand your attention, and a lot of them have very little to do with dentistry. Even some of the dentistry-related needs aren’t things that only a dentist can handle. And yet, too many dentists try to wear all those hats. That doesn’t make financial sense, and it doesn’t add to your longevity in your profession. I’ll be back after the break to tell about one hat you should definitely take off forever, and what you can gain from doing that. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO of SmartBox.
– As a small business owner myself, I know exactly how exhausting the job can be.
– That used to be true for me.
– I started as a one-man shop helping dentists get more and better patients.
– I did absolutely everything – meeting with dentists, handling contracts, doing the search engine optimization, writing ad copy and online copy, and handling finances.
– Finally, I decided that if my business was going grow, I needed to hire some competent help.
– Once I did, things got a lot easier, and I started making a lot more money.
– Of course, that required me to let go of doing everything myself, and that wasn’t easy at first.
– There are a lot of dentists who have qualified staff but still act like they’re a one-person operation.
– They have their fingers in personnel, in office logistics, in payroll, and even in office cleanliness.
– Those do-it-all dentists might bill 200 dollars an hour or more, but they’re doing things that someone who makes 20 dollars an hour could do.
– That makes absolutely no sense.
– Maybe you think you’re saving money, but you’re not.
– You’re actually costing yourself money.
– Are you a do-it-all dentist?
– Have you ever wondered why?
– Maybe it’s because you’re determined to succeed, so you feel you have to do everything.
– I’ll leave your reasons to you, but there is one hat that I want to encourage you to take off permanently.
– And that’s your amateur marketing guru hat.
– I know that you didn’t spend 4 long years in dental school to become a search engine optimization specialist.
– And let me tell you, it doesn’t matter how much time you spend in the evenings and on weekends to master SEO.
– You’ll never be as good as someone who does SEO full-time and gets paid for it.
– You also didn’t go to dental school to write huge amounts of online content so you can appeal to the prospects you want to recruit.
– And while you might be a talented writer – not many dentists are – that writing takes time away from your family, your friends, and from just living.
– The only reason you went to dental school was to learn how to solve patients’ dental problems.
– And get paid well for doing it.
– Wearing your marketing guru hat doesn’t make you a dime.
– If you’re very lucky, it gives you more new patients to treat and make money doing it.
– Look, whatever your hourly rate is, you’re not going to pay a marketing firm that much.
– It makes no financial sense to keep doing your own marketing.
– And it adds to the stress of running your own business.
– That’s the last thing you need if you’re going to make it to retirement.
– So, you shouldn’t be the do-it-all dentist.
– Dr. Michael Abernathy, owner of Summit Practice Solutions, knows that.
– Here’s what he said: “We’re finding that social media, websites, anything on the internet is so convoluted in the way that Google changes their software, there’s new things every week.
– “We just can’t do it all. As dentists, we just can’t keep up with it. So you have to go to somebody you trust.
– “We’ve been using Colin with our clients for 3 or 4 years now, and it just keeps getting better and better.”
– So, going b ack to what I said before, maybe you’re determined to succeed.
– If so, and if you’re ready to take off your marketing guru hat forever, here’s what you should do.
– Visit smartboxwebmarketing.com and schedule your free Practice Discovery Call™.
– We reserve these calls for serious dentists who want to see a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple their practices.
– We’ll use the results from your Practice Discovery Session™ to provide you with your own, personalized Patient Attraction Roadmap™.
– And we’ll discuss the results you can expect when you work with SmartBox.
– Maybe you can do it all, but you’ll be able to get back to doing what you love, and make a lot more money, when you partner with SmartBox.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.