Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 823
You’ve probably noticed that there are a ton of marketing companies on the Internet who are eager to take your money. But exactly what are they selling? There’s a question you must ask yourself about your dental marketing. I’ll be right back to tell you what that question is and why it’s so crucial to your success.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– There’s something that’s always baffled me.
– So many dentists never ask themselves this one question before they start their marketing or sign up for some new online program:
– “What do I want to happen?”
– Actually, it doesn’t baffle me.
– Dentists became dentists because they love dentistry, not because they love marketing or want to wear the other seven hats they have to wear.
– Dentists come to me telling me all the things they’re doing and all the silver bullets and cool tricks they are using for marketing.
– After hearing them, I ask a really simple question:
– “So, what do you want to happen?”
– That’s when their eyes glaze over a little.
– So, let me ask you this: What do you want to have happen with your marketing?
– Do you want a cool website? Do you want to shoot your own videos?
– Do you want to be working on writing your book over your lunch and on weekends?
– Do you want to figure out how to defeat the corporate chains opening in your area?
– There are companies that will promise you any and all of those things.
– But I have another question for you: Do you just want new patients in your chairs?
– More new patients should be the single focus of all your marketing.
– All those other things are just ways to help realize that goal.
– A cool website won’t necessarily get you more patients, and neither will shooting your own videos.
– Don’t get distracted by what marketing companies offer that won’t get you more patients in chairs.
– Don’t distract yourself from your goal.
– Patients in chairs are what make you money.
– I’ll be back tomorrow with more thoughts on dental marketing.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.