Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 823
You’ve probably noticed that there are a ton of marketing companies on the Internet who are eager to take your money. But exactly what are they selling? There’s a question you must ask yourself about your dental marketing. I’ll be right back to tell you what that question is and why it’s so crucial to your success.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– There’s something that’s always baffled me.
– So many dentists never ask themselves this one question before they start their marketing or sign up for some new online program:
– “What do I want to happen?”
– Actually, it doesn’t baffle me.
– Dentists became dentists because they love dentistry, not because they love marketing or want to wear the other seven hats they have to wear.
– Dentists come to me telling me all the things they’re doing and all the silver bullets and cool tricks they are using for marketing.
– After hearing them, I ask a really simple question:
– “So, what do you want to happen?”
– That’s when their eyes glaze over a little.
– So, let me ask you this: What do you want to have happen with your marketing?
– Do you want a cool website? Do you want to shoot your own videos?
– Do you want to be working on writing your book over your lunch and on weekends?
– Do you want to figure out how to defeat the corporate chains opening in your area?
– There are companies that will promise you any and all of those things.
– But I have another question for you: Do you just want new patients in your chairs?
– More new patients should be the single focus of all your marketing.
– All those other things are just ways to help realize that goal.
– A cool website won’t necessarily get you more patients, and neither will shooting your own videos.
– Don’t get distracted by what marketing companies offer that won’t get you more patients in chairs.
– Don’t distract yourself from your goal.
– Patients in chairs are what make you money.
– I’ll be back tomorrow with more thoughts on dental marketing.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.