Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 222
It’s Thursday, September 25, and we’re in the second day of our series on inbound marketing. Today, I want to tell you some of the thought leaders I follow so that I can give you the best marketing advice possible. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO and founder of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– I’m going to acknowledge something right now that may SHOCK you:
– I did not invent marketing.
– The things I talk about in my podcast, blog and newsletter are not my inventions.
– Even our industry-leading patient attraction system didn’t just suddenly appear to me in a dream.
– No, I have invested a lot of time in LEARNING about marketing.
– I have read the best books, heard the best speakers and attended the best classes.
– Then I TRANSLATE those ideas to give dentists more patients, more profits and more freedom.
– But in the ever-changing world of web marketing, I also try to stay ahead of the curve by following thought leaders in the industry.
– So today I want to give credit to some of the people who keep me on the cutting edge of marketing.
– So, in no particular order and certainly leaving out many, here they are:
– Dr. Robert Cialdini – months ago we did a whole series devoted to his methods of persuasion.
– Joe Polish
– Dan Kennedy
– Eben Pagan
– Seth Godin – I’ve had my picture taken with him.
– Gary Vaynerchuk – especially when he drops f-bombs in his presentations.
– Of course there are others.
– There are also some really good dentistry guys that I follow:
– Dr. James McAnally is one.
– Dr. Mike Abernathy is another.
– Dr. Howard Farran is one.
– Those three guys all have lots of funny stuff.
– Here’s a commonality that all of these guys have:
– If you read what they give away, they give away their best info.
– When you pay for it, it’s because it’s done for you or you’re buying the shortcut guide.
– That’s the same thing I try to do with this podcast and my blog.
– That’s also what I do with my most recent book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll finish our series by looking at the future of inbound marketing.
– Until then, keep moving forward.