Patient Attraction Episode 347
Hey, welcome to Friday, February 27. I’m Colin Receveur, and today I want to share some tips on how to kickstart your creativity. Stay tuned.
– You might remember that not long ago I gave you a podcast about how you need downtime to let your brain work on creative problem-solving.
– I hope you have been giving that a try.
– But sometimes there are moments when your brain just feels mushy, and it’s difficult to get your creative juices flowing.
– Stress from home or your dental practice can contribute.
– Sometimes you’re just overworked.
– No matter what, most creativity is required to solve some problem.
– So I want to talk about creativity in that way.
– Here are tips I found online about getting out of a creative rut.
- First, start by doing something else.
– Instead of working on the problem at hand, work out a smaller creative problem.
– Draw, work out a math problem or solve a crossword puzzle.
– Just something to successfully get your juices flowing.
– This might even be doing something physical that requires little thinking.
- Get inspired.
– Admit you don’t know everything.
– Ask “What if…” questions to overcome obstacles.
– And look in unexpected places for inspiration.
– This could be with your kids, in a magazine, listening to music, or just taking a walk.
- Think beyond the norm.
– Identify the things that absolutely must be the way they are.
– This list should be very small.
– Then arrange all of the things that are flexible.
– If you are a visual person, cut images out of magazines or newspapers, or print pictures off the Internet to represent your ideas.
– Discard the most obvious answers that you have gone over a million times.
– What is left?
- Try these tips:
– Close your eyes and see the final outcome. What does it look like?
– Think about how someone else would see, and solve, the problem.
– Finally, if all else has failed, reevaluate if you are solving the RIGHT problem.
– Maybe the issue isn’t how to add space to your office, but the real problem is how to accommodate more patients into a work day.
– Take a step back to decide if you have been thinking about the problem too narrowly from the beginning.
– Thanks for watching today’s podcast.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– I hope you have a great weekend.
– Keep moving forward.