Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1122
Almost all dentists know that there are times of the year when their practices aren’t nearly as busy. These slumps in patient visits and new patient starts are generally predictable – the beginning of the year, just before the end of school, and after school begins. Depending on the nature of your practice, your downtimes might be different. Still, there are downtimes, and savvy dentists will take steps to address those. When we come back, I’ll share 3 tips to help you do exactly that.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I know thousands of dentists, and I practically grew up in a dental practice.
– I know the impact that slow times have on dentists’ incomes.
– And I know that most dentists don’t have a solid plan to deal with those low points.
– You don’t have to grin and bear it when your chairs are empty.
– I’m going to share 3 tips to help insulate your practice against downturns.
– And then I’m going to give you the best tip of all.
– Tip Number 1: Set up a series of public events throughout the year.
– The exact nature of the events that will work for you depends on your practice and your market.
– But here are some ideas.
– Educational lectures on various dental problems and solutions are always a good idea.
– By getting in front of the public, you become more than just another faceless dentist.
– You become a known quantity for prospects in your area.
– And if you present yourself as likeable, approachable, and expert, they’ll remember you.
– July and August are often slow months, so consider holding a lecture during one of those months.
– Tip Number 2: Expand your hygiene department’s availability.
– Cleanings and exams can be a steady source of income during slow times.
– Offering a half day on weekends or extended hours a couple evenings a week can bring in new business and even out your cash flow.
– And some of those opportunistic cleaning appointments can turn into ongoing patients.
– That means repeat appointments throughout the year.
– Tip Number 3: Take advantage of seasonal opportunities.
– New patient starts are usually slow in December.
– Consider running a special on teeth whitening to appeal to the pre-holiday party segment.
– Whitening patients can become regular patients.
– Those are all pretty good ideas for closing the gap during slumps.
– But there’s a better way.
– That better way is to get more and better patients.
– Let’s be clear – everybody deserves quality dental care.
– But better patients are better for the dental practice.
– Better patients aren’t motivated by dental insurance, low price, or specials.
– What those patients value is an ongoing relationship with a dentist they trust, like, and regard as the dental expert for them.
– And usually, once they choose that dentist, they’re fiercely loyal.
– When you have a much higher number of loyal patients who aren’t afraid of the cost of care, you don’t have to fear the slow times.
– That’s because your slow times will still be as high or higher than your good times before.
– The proven way to get more and better new patients is with SmartBox’s industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– More than 550 SmartBox dentists on 3 continents are enjoying more patients, more profits, and more freedom.
– You can, too.
– Just go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll show you a Patient Attraction System™ that can double or even triple your practice.
– And you don’t need to concern yourself with the downtimes.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.