Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 824
Content is king when it comes to being seen in Google search results. But that content has to be unique or you’ll pay a Google penalty. In some cases, that penalty can be severe. I’ll be right back to tell you why buying prepackaged dental content is a really bad idea.
– Welcome to the Podcast.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Google has changed its focus in online search results many times over the years.
– The most recent change has been to emphasize the best answers to searchers’ queries.
– Google wants content that is responsive to those queries.
– They also want content that is expert, authoritative, and trustworthy.
– But above all, Google wants unique content.
– Duplicate dental content, even on websites you own, is the kiss of death as far as Google’s concerned.
– In fact, it can even get you removed from search results.
– Google’s gotten very good at analyzing small differences in content.
– The result is that just making a few changes won’t fly.
– There are a number of companies advertising prepackaged dental content.
– If every piece of that content was unique, there’d be no problem.
– But any company wanting to make money is going to have to sell that packaged content to many, many clients.
– And I guarantee you that not all of it, by a long shot, will be unique to you.
– In fact, most of it may not be.
– You’ll be sharing content with many other dentists.
– And only the oldest content, by posting date, is displayed in search.
– You’ll pay a chunk for something that will get you nothing.
– It’s tempting to think that you can shortcut the process of producing great dental content.
– But Google is wise to the various tricks, and the penalties just aren’t worth it.
– At SmartBox, our writers produce great dental content for our dentists.
– They also run it through a plagiarism checker to make sure they’re not unintentionally plagiarizing someone else, or even substantially duplicating their own work.
– As even more content is uploaded to the Internet, the risk of unintentional plagiarism or duplicate content grows.
– There aren’t any shortcuts, but professional help is available.
– To learn more, contact SmartBox.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.