Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 439
Google recently announced huge news that will affect every dentist. I’ll tell you what it is when we return.
– Hi, Colin Receveur here.
– When I ask you to picture your website, which version of your site do you think of?
– Most likely you think of the version on your desktop PC or laptop.
– According to Google, it’s time to update that thinking.
– Earlier this month, Google announced that mobile searches outnumber computer searches in 10 countries, including the US.
– What’s more, this is only smartphones, since Google groups tablets with computers.
– The fact that mobile searches have overtaken computer searches isn’t that surprising.
– That trend has been happening, watched and anticipated for several years.
– What is surprising is that mobile search has overtaken computer search faster than most anticipated.
– Even top analysts didn’t expect it to happen until later this year and most thought it would happen sometime next year.
– What does this mean for dentists who want to attract more and better patients?
– It means your website had better be mobile-friendly.
– Do you think the people who search online aren’t going to click the links once the results come up?
– Of course they are.
– So what happens when your antiquated, not mobile-friendly dental website comes up?
– Go to the next choice.
– And that’s if you even come up as one of the top results in the search.
– As I told you back in March, Google is punishing websites that aren’t mobile friendly in mobile searches.
– If you are not sure whether your site is mobile-friendly, go to www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/.
– This is Google’s mobile-friendliness test site.
– If you don’t have a site that is built for mobile platforms or dynamic enough to conform to whatever device opens it, you are going to lose dental prospects.
– This is not some small detail.
– This is a major screw up if your website designer has not built you a mobile-friendly site.
– If you haven’t already done so, immediately turn off this podcast and send your webmaster or website company an email that you need to talk.
– If you want to attract more and better patients, you have to do so one smartphone at a time.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Learn tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.