Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1011
The ADA announced last month that it’s taking steps to help dental patients connect with dentists in their markets. The new, updated “Find A Dentist” tool can be an excellent, no-cost marketing option for you … but only if you give those new patients reasons to choose you. I’ll be back after the break to tell you more. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– ADA dentists said they wanted more help in connecting with potential patients who don’t receive dental services.
– Early last month, the ADA announced a three-year initiative to do exactly that.
– In the first phase, the association plans to launch an updated “Find A Dentist” tool this spring.
– ADA members are urged to complete and/or update their information by May 1.
– You could even win a one-year lease of a Mercedes or get $10,000 in cash by providing your practice information.
– Even better is that the ADA will contribute toward paid search to make sure the Find A Dentist tool shows up on page 1 of search results.
– Let’s think this through, though – once your prospects find you, why should they choose you?
– That’s the part that many dentists miss.
– These days, dentists are assumed to be competent.
– Unless you tell them differently, prospects have only price, insurance, and availability as reasons to decide between doctors.
– And unless yours is a high-volume, low-case-value practice, you don’t want a lot of those patients.
– But among people searching for a dentist, there are significant numbers who have the means to pay more for a dental expert they like and trust.
– Those are the patients who will help you grow your practice without working yourself half to death.
– Those are the patients you need to market to, and your website is the linchpin of your marketing.
– Dr. Sean Hanson, a cosmetic and restorative dentist in Salem, Oregon, knows firsthand that dental websites fail to keep up with the times.
– Here’s what he told us: “One of the things that I found with my old website was that we did it, and it was great, and it was inexpensive, and two years later it wasn’t anything.
– “It was just there.
– “I didn’t realize how much needs to go into a website all the time, and it’s just too much for somebody to do who owns a small business.”
– Is your website positioned to help you realize the maximum benefits from the ADA initiative?
– Find out by going to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Resources tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos, and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.