Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1016
It always amazes me how many dentists don’t accurately track their marketing ROI. It’s not always within their control; many dental marketing firms don’t provide the tools to figure out what you’re getting for your hard-earned dollars. I’ll be back after the break to tell you a better way to know how well your marketing is working.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur.
– Return on investment is one of the basic measurements of success for any business.
– Opinions vary on what ROI dentists should expect from their marketing.
– But a return of 200 or 300 percent is much lower than you need to grow your practice.
– That measly return has to cover your overhead, labor costs, and much more.
– Here’s a question, though – are you even getting that return from your marketing, and how do you know?
– Research shows that dental patients perform poorly when asked to recall the specific ad or marketing piece that influenced them to book an appointment.
– So just asking them when they call or at the time of admission isn’t going to tell you what parts of your marketing are working.
– And it’s not going to tell you what parts you’re wasting money on because they return few, if any, patients.
– At SmartBox Web Marketing, we’re able to tell our dentists exactly what their respective ROIs are.
– That’s because we use Zetetics® phone tracking to identify the source of each new patient call.
– We also monitor every new patient call for every dentist every month.
– We can do that because the calls are automatically recorded and stored in a database.
– If there’s a problem on the front end with handling new patient calls, we can alert the dentist.
– Every new patient caller lost is money out the dentist’s pocket.
– You might be wondering what ROIs our dentists enjoy.
– That varies, of course, but I’m proud to say that many of our dentists have ROIs between 1700 and 4600 percent!
– ROI is too important to be left to hearsay or chance.
– Dr. Matthew Burton, a cosmetic and family dentist in Florida, really values our phone tracking services.
– He told us,“I think that the greatest service that SmartBox has added recently is having SmartBox’s team listen to and grade our phone calls.
– “That really eliminates a lot of time for me.
– “I don’t have time to go back and listen to all the phone calls.
– “Ninety percent of them are “change my appointment” or do something simple and just not a valuable use of time.
– “If I have your team kind of highlighting these calls – “Here’s the ones you’ve got to listen to…” – we can grow from that.
– “We can get better answering or fielding those calls, and it can do nothing but help drive new patients in the future.”
– Join us for our next podcast.
– Until next time, keep moving forward.