Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 394
Welcome to day two of our look comparing the strengths and weaknesses of SEO and PPC. We’ll look at SEO when we return.
– So we talked about pay-per-click advertising yesterday.
– Just to recap:
– PPC gives you immediate results and you have a lot of control over the campaign.
– But you have to do a lot of work before and during the ad run, which can turn out to be pretty costly.
– So what are the strengths of SEO marketing for dentists?
– The most obvious one is that SEO marketing, when done well, moves you to the top of organic search results.
– Research shows that 70-80 percent of people only click on organic links.
– If you can dominate the search engine results page, you will get a lot of traffic.
– I cannot overstate how big a benefit this is.
– Second, there is no cost per click.
– Notice I didn’t say there is no cost.
– You may still have to hire an SEO expert to optimize your pages.
– Or if you are doing it yourself, plan to spend A LOT of time researching, writing and optimizing.
– SEO also benefits you across all search engines.
– Of course, there’s only one that really matters: Google.
– The negatives of SEO marketing are:
– Competition, for one.
– Every website is using SEO of some kind.
– How Google ranks you is, in some measure, out of your control.
– For some terms, you will never be able to be first on the SERP because of organizations like the National Institutes of Health, Wikipedia and others with insurmountable authority.
– Google is always tweaking its algorithm, too.
– So just when you have it right and get your name to the top of the results page, Google will change something and you will drop.
– Finally, and this is the big one, SEO is a marathon, not a sprint.
– It can take months for all the factors that SEO influences to kick in.
– But the results are usually long-lasting – at least until the next Google update.
– So which is better for dentists: SEO or PPC?
– The answer is probably: Yes.
– There is a place for BOTH in your marketing campaign.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.